Sunday, January 22, 2012

This weeks running

I ran intervals on Tuesday.  4 X 1200.  It's a learning curve to read my own body and understand what a good pace feels like.  My first interval was too fast and I was unable to maintain the pace for the full 1200.  All of the intervals were hard to maintain.  Todays mileage 3.54/total 18.44

I ran my 5 mile tempo on the treadmill on Thursday.  It was a bit less frustrating because I 1.  watched tv while running and 2. turned the fan on high.  I still find it more difficult than being outside, but given the weather it was a good choice.  Total 23.44

Long run on Sunday.  Started in Newton with the intent of running back to Hesston.  But a weather front rolled in as we were starting out.  The wind turned and was coming out of the West/North, and the temp dropped significantly.  We turned around at the 4.5 mile and turned around and headed back into town.  I really started to struggle after the 8 mile mark, with very tight glutes and calves.  I managed to make it back to our start point.  Ended up with 9.5 miles  Total 32.44

Goal for next week is to make sure I add in the cross training.  I've been slacking on cross training and that needs to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment