Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Intervals

Today's goal was 6X800 at an average of 9min/mile.  2 min rest in between.  I read an article in runners world by Bart Yasso which states that you can predict success in reaching your marathon pace by looking at your 800's.  When you can run 10 successive 800's at your predicted finish time then you're ready.  I'e  my goal race pace is 4:30:00  so I should run my 800's in 4min 30 sec.  So that's what I shot for today.  I made it for 6 reps.  I'm not sure I could have gutted out another 4 at that pace, but at least I know I'm on target. 

Otherwise, my hip pain seems to have resolved itself with extra stretching.  I've got some tendonitis in my R great toe as well.  Clay showed me a way to tape that seemed to help quite a lot. 

Today's mileage 4:  Total 36.4

Oh, I did cross train yesterday with 50 minutes of yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment