Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Intervals and training plan

My effort to increase my cross-training effectiveness continued today.  I met with Jessica at the wellness center for a fitness test and it showed about what I was expecting.  I'm reasonably fit cardiovascularly, have a good grip strength but have lousy core strength.  My goal is to increase my core and upper body strength over the next 12 weeks.  Hopefully that will help me run more easily and help prevent some potential injuries.  She'll walk me thru the weight routine tomorrow morning. 

I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill today, supposed to be 3X1600.  I managed to maintain a 6.3-6.6 mph pace, but needed a short breather half-way thru. 

Total miles to date 58. 

Oh, I'm also planning on joining the fitness incentive at work... a mile a day, every day in the month of Feb.  Shouldn't be a problem if I stick to my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment